HELLO....MY NAME IS ANDIE!

Hi! I'm Andie, a fabric designer, an illustrator, a painter, owner of my own little cupcake company and a loving mom of my sweet chihuahua. I love creating beautiful things and feel the need to constantly be creative. My reflection on creativity states how necessary and fulfilling it is for the human soul. To love those around you, to be honost and true and to make each day matter with the gifts that you've got....are three beautiful ingredients for a purposeful and beautiful life! This here, is my blog to share with you.....

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

NATURES KITCHEN TOWEL

The idea for the Nature' Kitchen towel was just based simply on cotton! I absolutley love the way cotton looks when it is ready for harvesting and the sillouettes of some of the pictures I came across where just stunning! Beautiful tufts of fluffy cotton nestled inbetween crinkled woody leaves that twisted and turned outward. Well, I have a tendancy to make these curl and swirl similar to the eerie Tim Burton , so eventually I was persuaded to hack off those wicked branches.
Now, to make them look fun and playful was the next step to capture in this design. The rest came naturally.....no pun inteneded! I love green and I love black and especially together! When the final was printed on a natural brown kraft card stock, it blended all together wonderfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment